Who doesn’t love a good quote? Quotes make me stop and think. Or laugh out loud. Most of all, I relate to them. Writing is one of my favourite* things to do, along with reading, walking and other unmentionables. So I’d like to share with you my pick of the best writing quotes out there.
*I’m British so I add a U in some words, sorry!
1. “No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader.”
― Robert Frost
2. “Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.”
― Louis L’Amour
3. “A true writer is someone the gods have called to the task.”
― Robert Louis Stevenson
4. “Publication is a marathon, not a sprint. Writing the book is only the start.”
― Jo Linsdell
5. “I write because, if I don’t, my characters will murder me in my sleep.”
― Astrid ‘Artistikem’ Cruz
6. “It’s a symbiotic process, writing. What I am makes the books—not part of me, all of me—and then the books themselves inform the sense of what I am. So the more I can be, the better the books will be.”
― Jeanette Winterson
Please comment with your favourite writing quote!