Every time Christmas comes around I get excited. Not because of the food or the presents but because of Christmas television. Over here in the UK we have several Christmas specials. My favourite is Downton Abbey and I know many of my fellow writers love the Dr Who Christmas special too. Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without Christmas movies.
Here are my top ten:
1. The Grinch – Who doesn’t love Jim Carey’s green character. I always wanted to live in a town like Whoville.
2. Home Alone – I don’t think it matters who you are, you’re going to laugh at the pranks pulled by a young Macaulay Culkin.
3. The Holiday – Has anyone ever done a house swap over Christmas? For all my American friends I’m happy to do this as long as the man of my dreams lives near you please!
4. The Polar Express – I think this is one of the most popular recent kids Christmas films. Tom Hanks has the most realistic look alike 3D character I’ve seen.
5. Muppet’s Christmas Carol – Here comes Mr Humbug, here comes Mr Grim. I used to love singing along to this film when I was young.
6. Fred Claus – A cheery happy movie that everyone loves.
7. Love Actually – Being British I relate to this movie big time. It’s a lovely feel good romance that should be watched every Christmas.
8. Arthur Christmas – It’s great how Arthur saves Christmas. This children’s film is great for adults too.
9. Elf – Everyone knows and loves Elf. It’s a classic film with a crazy character. I laugh a lot when I watch Elf.
10. The Nightmare before Christmas – This 90’s Christmas movie is one of my favourite ones. It is dark and fun. Tim Burton at his finest.
What movies do you love to watch over the Christmas period? Please let me know in the comments below.