Happy Holidays everyone. I hope you’re having a great day with your families. Six months ago I met an amazing group of authors, and we started a group called the Writing Wenches. In that time we’ve created a blog, created a forum, and published an anthology, but the thing that I find most impressive about the Wenches is how we became a family, a tribe, in such a short period of time. The Wenches and our barkeeps are my people, and I want to take a moment to celebrate them. So without further ado, here’s twelve things I learned from the Writing Wenches.
- Jen’s are the best friend a girl could have. Amazing people with big hearts who go out of their way to help others. If you don’t have one, you should get one. Everyone needs the power of Jen in their corner.
- There isn’t a problem that can’t be solved by a hot man. Seriously! See…isn’t that better?
- Dino porn is a real thing. Who knew? I’m not saying it’s good or even interesting. I’m just saying it exists. Like Unicorns shoot rainbows out of their asses, the best thing about dino porn is the fodder for jokes.
- Wet Wednesday is amazing. Another thing I didn’t know existed. Where have I been living? Under a rock?
- Where there’s a will there’s a way. If you want to write a book, go out and write the damn book! Twenty-one wenches created an anthology in four months! And you know what? They’re gearing up for another one.
- Doctor Who quotes can fit any situation. See…. he suffers writing disease too!
- A group of wenches must always, always have a barkeep. Even if he can’t keep them in line, it’s guaranteed to be much more fun.
- Hot guys are great fodder for writers. One picture can create a story in a writer’s mind with just one glance.
- You never know enough about writing. Build a support system, then poke fun at the things that really suck, and maybe throw a hot guy at it. That might work.
- Writing Prompts are awesome! The type that get added to one sentence at a time. Stretch your imagination muscles and go with the flow. You never know when a writing prompt will have you wetting your pants with laughter as tears stream down your face.
- Anything can turn dirty, and there’s always someone who knows whether it’s possible to orgasm six times in a day. (Yes, it’s possible. Yes, you will be tired). In fact the wenches have a forum, so if you need a little writing help when it comes to romance, you can check it out and get a little wench help. http://writingwenches.com/forums/
- Several wenches have husbands who wear kilts. Lucky! The rest of us have to settle for him…
Whether your family is your blood and bone relatives, or your friends, or that crazy group of authors who (despite being scattered across the world) deep down get you, let’s be thankful for the people we have in our lives.
Merry Christmas Wenches!